Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

DJ Midas

Renegade Retro Mixshow DJ
Reaction score
Filmed at the Circle K location at Hardy and Southern in Tempe, AZ. I live less than 15 minutes away from this location...

Last edited:

DJ Midas

Renegade Retro Mixshow DJ
Reaction score
The mall scenes were filmed at Metrocenter in North Phoenix. I went ice skating a few times at the rink featured.

Metrocenter shuttered its doors June 30, 2020. Outside the mall location there's a parkway loop that was about 1 mile in length anchored by restaurants, hotels, a miniature golf entertainment complex, and other retail merchants. "Cruising Metrocenter" Friday and Saturday nights was the thing to do back in the 80s. They banned cruising at the mall loop in the early 90s.

In honor of the mall closing several locals coordinated a final cruise that ended up being a two-night event, July 27 (the Saturday before the closing) and July 30. My wife and I went to both events in my 2014 Charger. We stayed in the car the entire each night and enjoyed seeing all the cool vehicles and people, most were around our age (I'm 48). Probably one of the fondest memories I'll have this year. šŸ™‚

Roemello

Photographer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Love that movie... still to this day use the 'Circle K' line whenever I feel like something weird's going on.

Vilji

Reaction score
It's not really my style, but my brother loved that movie. He can't wait to see the new one coming out. lol

Wonder if they filmed parts of it in the same area?

'And I'm tired, dude.'
šŸ˜…