New Group Created - 80s Celebrity Meets

Reaction score
foundmyplaceman has created a new group called 80s Celebrity Meets.

Have you ever met any 80s talents, whether at a convention, after a concert, or just on the street? Share your stories here.

DJ Midas

Renegade Retro Mixshow DJ
Reaction score
Still figuring out how the forum works here. Couldn't comment on the Samantha Fox meet; that's awesome! I saw her in concert in 1989.

Since "Atomic Dog" was released in 1982, I'll post that I met George Clinton in April 1997, on a flight from CLT to LAX. He and the P-Funk All-Stars were flying to do a gig a USC I think. He sat a few rows in front of me across the aisle. He was gracious enough to sign a daily planner page (I was flying to a convention for work) which I posted in the bar office where I DJ'd (Five-O Café, Raleigh NC).

Recker

Reaction score
I've met a couple at expos.

Bernie Kopel (Doc Brickker from Love Boat) 2015
Lovely fellow. Talked to him for a couple of minutes after the queues had disappeared.

Brutus the Barber Beefcake (Pro Wrestler) 2016
At another expo. He didn't seem to be very happy to be there and his distain for the Ultimate Warrior was quite clear. Maybe he's happier now that he's been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Otherwise its only New Zealand celebrities who none of you would have ever heard of. :)

Last edited: