Introduce yourself

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Growing out your hair, huh, sounds awesome. We should post our current pics, too. It would be great to see everyone, then and now 😄
Ummm..contrary to the picture to the left of this post, I am actually LOSING hair! :mad:

Roemello

Photographer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thank ya, Sal. What made it so addicting back then for me was just the whole community. So many people from every corner of the world having a good time... it always kept me motivated to help wherever I could and keep things fresh with new features, "smilies", etc. But it all starts with the community as a whole. If more hang around and get into it, the place will come back to life. The forum itself is probably the most user friendly amongst the four systems the site's evolved with.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What administative & Moderation options I have seen are far easier to use then say vbulletin or phpbb was.

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank ya, Sal. What made it so addicting back then for me was just the whole community. So many people from every corner of the world having a good time... it always kept me motivated to help wherever I could and keep things fresh with new features, "smilies", etc. But it all starts with the community as a whole. If more hang around and get into it, the place will come back to life. The forum itself is probably the most user friendly amongst the four systems the site's evolved with.
Yeah, man, you remember them all, huh? First, ezBoard, then vBulletin 3, then vBulletin 4, and now XenForo... :) We certainly have a history...

Roemello

Photographer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ha! You missed one! vB 3 & 4 I'd clump into one system. After EZBoard was UBB! I remember "finding" my way into the admin panel before ya ever told me about it lol. I let ya know right after and you were just like, "that's ok, but be careful!" or something to that effect.... hard to believe that was like 20 years ago 😲

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
TX! Welcome!!!

Taz

...I should've taken the left turn at Albuquerque
Reaction score
Allow myself to introduce.... myself...eh... RE-introduce... as it were :p

Started out on the old 80sXchange back in 2000 I believe... later became a mod, then admin helping Sal run the place til somewhere in 2006. Had a falling out, came back in 2012 to reconcile that mess and gain some inner peace with that. Disappeared again shortly after and outside of e-mail, research and maintaining my photography site, pretty much went dark on the internet for the past 4 years or so. Then I get a message from Diofan that I was inquired about on a Facebook group... not really a social media guy... but then I saw the link to this and yeah... this works better for me, so here I am!

8 years later... a little older... I'd like to think wiser... maybe a new beginning. I can't say I'll be the presence I was once upon a time, but I'll try to be around here and there ;)

And to all that introduced before me that I didn't get to welcome back... welcome back! Hope everyone's doing well in this crazy new world.

Welcome back Bro! Good to see ya on here.

DJ Midas

Renegade Retro Mixshow DJ
Reaction score
DJ Midas, glad you're back, too. Sorry, I was slow to see some of the earlier introductions here.
I loved '80's dance music in the clubs, it's still the best kind💛
And I miss vinyl. Sounds more timeless.

No worries, Vilji! I'm in total agreement with you. :)

Been busy with life these past few weeks, even if it's mostly at home, just popping before I hit the airwaves on Renegade Retro. Good to see and hear from familiar faces! (y)

Recker

Reaction score
Seems I'm a little late to the party but here I am. Great to see there's a new forum and so many familiar faces.

Walvis

Reaction score
WOW finally found this place. It really brings back memories. I also was Walvis back in the day. I am the Prince / Bowie worshipper and fierce Dutch 80's music promoter.
It's so great to see all of you again.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems I'm a little late to the party but here I am. Great to see there's a new forum and so many familiar faces.
Welcome Back Recker and Walvis!