Introduce yourself

mfanton2020

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is George. I am 48 and live in Niagara Falls, New York. I work a retail job to supplement my income but own my own business building and repairing computers. Still love the 80s era music and i am listening to Don Dokken live in Osaka, Japan 1991 as i type this lol. Not thrilled George Lynch decided to retire the "Lynch Mob" name and the band with Oni Logan has dissolved yet again. Other than that, trying to get through 2020 like Andy Dufresne through 3 miles of prison pipe!
Hey George,another WNYer. I live in Wellsville, NY.

Roemello

Photographer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Allow myself to introduce.... myself...eh... RE-introduce... as it were :p

Started out on the old 80sXchange back in 2000 I believe... later became a mod, then admin helping Sal run the place til somewhere in 2006. Had a falling out, came back in 2012 to reconcile that mess and gain some inner peace with that. Disappeared again shortly after and outside of e-mail, research and maintaining my photography site, pretty much went dark on the internet for the past 4 years or so. Then I get a message from Diofan that I was inquired about on a Facebook group... not really a social media guy... but then I saw the link to this and yeah... this works better for me, so here I am!

8 years later... a little older... I'd like to think wiser... maybe a new beginning. I can't say I'll be the presence I was once upon a time, but I'll try to be around here and there ;)

And to all that introduced before me that I didn't get to welcome back... welcome back! Hope everyone's doing well in this crazy new world.

Last edited:

jillybean

Reaction score
Jillybean, I remember you😊
So great to see you here😄
Holy shit, I didn't think anyone remembered me, Vilji! I totally remember you as well as everyone else. So glad to see you here as well! Seeing all the old forum names is something I didn't think I'd ever see after we disbanded.

Vilji

Reaction score

Started out on the old 80sXchange back in 2000 I believe... later became a mod, then admin helping Sal run the place til somewhere in 2006. Had a falling out, came back in 2012 to reconcile that mess and gain some inner peace with that. Disappeared again shortly after and outside of e-mail, research and maintaining my photography site, pretty much went dark on the internet for the past 4 years or so. Then I get a message from Diofan that I was inquired about on a Facebook group... not really a social media guy... but then I saw the link to this and yeah... this works better for me, so here I am!

8 years later... a little older... I'd like to think wiser... maybe a new beginning. I can't say I'll be the presence I was once upon a time, but I'll try to be around here and there ;)

And to all that introduced before me that I didn't get to welcome back... welcome back! Hope everyone's doing well in this crazy new world.

Roemello's back! 😄 Glad you're here; you really added some fun and good times to the forums.
Maybe some of the other xchangers will be back soon, too.

Lol, I remember we were on the xchange when 'smilies' were being created, or somewhat new on the internet. At least to me, lol.
You created some great smilies for us to use, too. Thank you for that😊

The fun and games section is slowly picking up again, if you're interested.

Glad to hear you're back, and doing well.
Yes, crazy times we are in. This is a great place us '80's fans can come to for a bit and find some joy and humor. lol

Vilji

Reaction score
Holy shit, I didn't think anyone remembered me, Vilji! I totally remember you as well as everyone else. So glad to see you here as well! Seeing all the old forum names is something I didn't think I'd ever see after we disbanded.

Of course we remember you! Glad your back, hang out and put your feet up😄

Vilji

Reaction score
DJ Midas, known as DJ Midas on the old board. Love 80s dance music, began spinning records in 1986. Still spinning on Renegade Retro 1-2 times/month, mostly 80s and early 90s dance music predominantly on vinyl. Glad to be here!
DJ Midas, glad you're back, too. Sorry, I was slow to see some of the earlier introductions here.
I loved '80's dance music in the clubs, it's still the best kind💛
And I miss vinyl. Sounds more timeless.

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
(y)Welcome Back Roemello Bro! Once in a while is far better then not at all! (y)

Roemello

Reaction score
Heya Vilji! Long time no see. Appreciate the comments :) I hope for at least the most part, I made the experience being here a good time... I tried my best! Who would've thought back then "smilies" as we once called them would blow up into the whole of the culture as "emojis"

And thanks Dio & Molly! Additional ups to the former as I wouldn't have know this even existed without the reach out :cool:

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And thanks Dio & Molly! Additional ups to the former as I wouldn't have know this even existed without the reach out :cool:
My pleasure bro! You were missed by all!

Vilji

Reaction score
Heya Vilji! Long time no see. Appreciate the comments :) I hope for at least the most part, I made the experience being here a good time... I tried my best! Who would've thought back then "smilies" as we once called them would blow up into the whole of the culture as "emojis"

I appreciate your help, 'back in the day' 😅

Oh, and yeah, from smilies to emojis, and now memes.
Oh, and let's not forget the word, 'triggered'. (or it's new for me, at least)
We've come so far ... 😅

Roemello

Reaction score
Oh, there's a whole other language of slang out there now. A few years ago I had some kids tell me, "watch out for them thots!"... so raised the brow and just like, "thots?"... explanation given... good laugh. I researched on more and got caught up before that happens again lol

mfanton2020

Reaction score

Hey, it’s good to see you. I was thinking about you a few weeks ago, wondering what happened to you.

Roemello

Reaction score
Thank ya, Milani! Hopefully this go around will see the community flourish again... it all feels like new starting over... with just a touch of familiarity.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank ya, Milani! Hopefully this go around will see the community flourish again... it all feels like new starting over... with just a touch of familiarity.
That is the plan.

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ecstatic to see so many familiar faces from our original community! This place is QUICKLY feeling like our hold home away from home... A new version is about to be launched of this forum software - with big upgrades - making it even more interesting and enjoyable to be here.

Hello! Carolann AkA Slayergrrl on Ye Ol'Xchange. How the heck is everyone! So happy to see so many old faces. :)
Welcome, welcome, welcome back!
Lol, thanks, Sal. I love seeing the '80's hair and fashions. And I have a funny pic, lol. I remember Molly Ringwald in the '80's inspired my look.

I'm 50, so I'm thinking age is just a number. As long as we have fun, and live, that's what's important😆
Yes, I do believe age is just a number. Since I'm quarantining anyway, I'm taking this opportunity to grow out my hair. :p It's been short since, I don't know, 2004 or so. It's been growing for about six months now - but it sure doesn't grow as quickly as it used to. :p Trying to hold out for as long as I can... :D
Dude....59 in December! When did that happen???? LOL
Yeah, I hear ya... But, you know what they say... 60 is the new 20... Or something like that. :)
Hello everyone. My name is George. I am 48 and live in Niagara Falls, New York. I work a retail job to supplement my income but own my own business building and repairing computers. Still love the 80s era music and i am listening to Don Dokken live in Osaka, Japan 1991 as i type this lol. Not thrilled George Lynch decided to retire the "Lynch Mob" name and the band with Oni Logan has dissolved yet again. Other than that, trying to get through 2020 like Andy Dufresne through 3 miles of prison pipe!
Welcome aboard, @Mr.Scary1971! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! :)

I see a little Austin Powers humor there. Welcome back, Roemello! It's always great to see you... I hope we can find a way to addict you to the community they way we did last time. Because YOU caused an addition for many back then. But a good addition! :) Welcome back...
Now who would forget you?! :p We've got a great thing going here because of who we all are. We're all unforgettable in at least one way or another. This is kind of like our breakfast club - only there are a lot of us. :)

Vilji

Reaction score
Thanks Sal, for bringing the forums back for us to reminisce about the '80's 🙂
Growing out your hair, huh, sounds awesome. We should post our current pics, too. It would be great to see everyone, then and now 😄