Introduce yourself

Vilji

Reaction score
That feature will open up shortly. If we don't restrict it a bit - we'd have all sorts of spam (and more) being uploaded...

Hey, man, 48 until next month! Lay off! :p :D
Lol, thanks, Sal. I love seeing the '80's hair and fashions. And I have a funny pic, lol. I remember Molly Ringwald in the '80's inspired my look.

I'm 50, so I'm thinking age is just a number. As long as we have fun, and live, that's what's important๐Ÿ˜†

Last edited:

Vilji

Reaction score
Hello! Carolann AkA Slayergrrl on Ye Ol'Xchange. How the heck is everyone! So happy to see so many old faces. :)

Slayergrrl, nice to see you here๐Ÿ˜„
It's great to see some of us back from the 90's๐Ÿ˜„

mfanton2020

Reaction score
Let me formally introduce myself. My name is Molly, I was mfanton2001 and TorchwoodFan back then.
Iโ€™m now 47 years old, and currently in college getting a Bachelors Degree in Human Service Management. Iโ€™m back living in my hometown, which I love.
Iโ€™m still a music nut. Iโ€™m into almost everything, including K-Pop.
I donโ€™t have any kids of my own, but I have an 17 year old niece and a 13 year old nephew who I adore.
Love being back.

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is nice to see the 80โ€™s exchange in action again and mobile friendly๐Ÿ‘ Eban here Aka: Senator Jaiz. Canโ€™t wait to get the memories flowing again. The longer I live the more I love and miss the 80โ€™s.

It's great to see some familiar names here. It's Vilji, lol. Still wishing the '80's vibe was back๐Ÿ˜Š

Hello! Carolann AkA Slayergrrl on Ye Ol'Xchange. How the heck is everyone! So happy to see so many old faces. :)
Great to see you all again! Spread the word, WE ARE BACK!!

Pagan

Reaction score

Vilji

Reaction score
TorchwoodFan, Molly, yes, I remember seeing you around here in the '90's, when I was here๐Ÿ˜€
All the new wave bands you mentioned recently I love. Good taste! lol

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
53 Next Month! :p Wait? I can't call Pagan an old timer then, he's only 6 years older then me! :mad:

Vilji

Reaction score
Topcat, hey! Your jokes were among the funniest here๐Ÿ˜„
Wow, sounds like the gang is reuniting, lol๐Ÿ˜„

Topcat here. Even though long time has passed, I see many of you on fb. To reconnect here is special. I even smiled seeing the thread names and users online. A nod to the past..

My life is pretty basic. I still work in a hair salon. I no longer own my own salon ( thankfully) I also got a part time job as a cashier in a local grocery store. Which pays for my new car.( 2019 Hyundai elantra). I also decided to shack up with my boyfriend, Kevin. No kids but we have 2 fur babies. My free time is spent on my hobby of building or rehab dollhouses. Maybe a craft or hobby forum is needed? I would bore you all with my posts. ๐Ÿ˜œ

Still lovin' the 80s.

Thats about it.

Vilji

Reaction score
UglyKidJeff aka ukj or just Jeff, joined the old forum in 2000 looking for people that loved and missed the 80s as much as i did.... found em'!! My interests are pretty simple Rock and Metal music and anything Hockey!! I'm a Metalhead truck driver out of St. Louis. Mo. !! Be considerate of us, please!! LoL๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค˜
Hey, I remember you๐Ÿ˜„

Be safe out there on the road; keep us updated๐Ÿ˜Š

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a Metalhead truck driver out of St. Louis. Mo. !! Be considerate of us, please!! LoL๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค˜
I Hear ya Jeff! I drove Truck for a spell as well. I don't think most folks who never been in a big rig know how white knuckle it can be.
Some tips I can offer from experience to everyone driving around a Semi:
1: Make Sure you can see their Rearview mirror, there is A LOT of blindspots on a truck, if you can't see his mirrors, he can't see you.
2: Whenever possible, Pass on the DRIVER SIDE of the truck. He can see you better on that side.
3: NEVER EVER EVER cut in front of a truck. Give the driver plenty of room to react, The stuff in his trailer weighs more then your car many times. Safe rule of thumb, Give about 500 feet (About 153 Meters for those outside the states) before getting in the lane in front of him.
4: The Only thing that stops slower then a truck, is a train! And much the same reason. The weight it's hauling (The truck alone is considerably heavy, A standard diesel engine in a truck is almost as big as a fiat 500 automobile).
5: If you do something Stupid like cut off a truck, and you get rear-ended, The trucker will walk away relatively unharmed...You could DIE!)
6: Trucks are slow to accelerate due to their weight, You may think the driver is going slow, he MAY Have the Gas pedal on the floor and Shifting gears as fast as he can. Be PATIENT!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited:

Vilji

Reaction score
jillybean from the old forum. Oh, how I have missed the Xchange. I think I still have it bookmarked. LOL I don't even remember when I joined but had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people, even drove 12 hours to meet @OhioGoonieGirl! Still love hair metal, had the chance to hang out with Rikki Rockett of Poison twice since then. Love seeing live music so this whole Covid thing has really been a bummer as I had pit tickets for so many of the great shows that were planned for this year. Live music is such a part of my life, I traveled across the country to see so many of my favorite bands.

I'm an Art Director and worked PT as a makeup artist for MAC for seven years. I also collect 80s toys, mostly Strawberry Shortcake (been to the first annual SSC convention in Cleveland in 2001) and have a room dedicated to my 80s collection. Looking forward to seeing all of you and getting the gang back together.

Jillybean, I remember you๐Ÿ˜Š
So great to see you here๐Ÿ˜„

Vilji

Reaction score
I'm the former outofplacechild. I've changed my user name to reflect the fact that, because of therapy, medication, and a decision made upon my 30th birthday in 2012 to approach life in a more positive way, I've truly found my place not only online, but in the world. A major note is that I've change politically since my earlier years on the 80sxchange (EDIT: I originally wrote the Rewind in that previous sentence. I confused this with another 80s forum I was a part of in my young and unstable years). Whereas I was once leaned to the right politically, now I'm firmly on the left. That being said, I'm a lot more open-minded now and less quick to anger, so I go by the principle of kindness and treating others with respect, even if I disagree about their views.

I still love the 80s, and that love has only grown since my teens. It's now expressed via the writing I do for a website called Pop Geeks. Here's a link to my page on there with a list of all the articles I've written so far, with plenty more to come: Johnny Caps on Pop Geeks

Outofplacechild, hey there, great to see you back, and glad you're doing well๐Ÿ˜Š All of us xchangers had some fun times here, huh?

Hi to everyone who was here when I was๐Ÿ˜ and all new and former members๐Ÿ˜„
Party๐Ÿ˜†๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰
lol

I

Mr.Scary1971

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is George. I am 48 and live in Niagara Falls, New York. I work a retail job to supplement my income but own my own business building and repairing computers. Still love the 80s era music and i am listening to Don Dokken live in Osaka, Japan 1991 as i type this lol. Not thrilled George Lynch decided to retire the "Lynch Mob" name and the band with Oni Logan has dissolved yet again. Other than that, trying to get through 2020 like Andy Dufresne through 3 miles of prison pipe!

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome George!