Introduce yourself

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let everyone Know about you. Likes, Dislikes Things that were great about the 80s, etc.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most of you know me from the old forums as Diofan! one thing I can honestly say the 80s RULED on was the music! Today's music can't touch it!

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Should we have everyone introduce themselves in their own thread? Or one big introduction thread?

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Should we have everyone introduce themselves in their own thread? Or one big introduction thread?
One big thread. It will give a notification if anyone posts in it!

BlitzKid

Reaction score
BlitzKid in the house! For all that don't know or don't remember me from the old forums ... I am living in Vienna, Austria so one of the Europeans. I chose the nick because that's one of the name the English press gave to the clubbers going to Blitz Club in London late 70s and early 80s. The dawning of my favourite music genre, the New Romantics.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BlitzKid in the house! For all that don't know or don't remember me from the old forums ... I am living in Vienna, Austria so one of the Europeans. I chose the nick because that's one of the name the English press gave to the clubbers going to Blitz Club in London late 70s and early 80s. The dawning of my favourite music genre, the New Romantics.
Yep I remember you! Welcome Blitz!!!

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I Don;t remember my old password or e-mail but I'm here, older fatter and mellower
Don't matter Glenn, This is the new 80sxchange, the old forums are still in place, more or less as an archive. The old forums were not very "mobile friendly" . This one, while still a Work in progress, is intended to be both Mobile and Computer friendly. Welcome aboard!

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! :p

What was that old show? Welcome Back, Carter. :p

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey there Buc.

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Chooch, welcome aboard!

DJ Midas

Renegade Retro Mixshow DJ
Reaction score
DJ Midas, known as DJ Midas on the old board. Love 80s dance music, began spinning records in 1986. Still spinning on Renegade Retro 1-2 times/month, mostly 80s and early 90s dance music predominantly on vinyl. Glad to be here!

Diofan

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
DJ Midas, known as DJ Midas on the old board. Love 80s dance music, began spinning records in 1986. Still spinning on Renegade Retro 1-2 times/month, mostly 80s and early 90s dance music predominantly on vinyl. Glad to be here!
Welcome aboard Midas!!!

Reaction score
I'm the former outofplacechild. I've changed my user name to reflect the fact that, because of therapy, medication, and a decision made upon my 30th birthday in 2012 to approach life in a more positive way, I've truly found my place not only online, but in the world. A major note is that I've change politically since my earlier years on the 80sxchange (EDIT: I originally wrote the Rewind in that previous sentence. I confused this with another 80s forum I was a part of in my young and unstable years). Whereas I was once leaned to the right politically, now I'm firmly on the left. That being said, I'm a lot more open-minded now and less quick to anger, so I go by the principle of kindness and treating others with respect, even if I disagree about their views.

I still love the 80s, and that love has only grown since my teens. It's now expressed via the writing I do for a website called Pop Geeks. Here's a link to my page on there with a list of all the articles I've written so far, with plenty more to come: Johnny Caps on Pop Geeks

Last edited: