Dokken

UglyKidJeff

Reaction score
Dokken..... my all time favorite band. Lynch's solos are wicked. Dokken were writing much different style lyrics than other LA bands at the time that set them apart from the rest. More of a European style maybe. Anyway, Enjoy!

Last edited:

UglyKidJeff

Reaction score
Heaven Sent is my #1 Dokken tune.... especially after a failed 15 year marriage! 😂🤘👍

Last edited:

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Another for ya Jeff!

UglyKidJeff

Reaction score
It really pissed me off when they broke up because I feel like they finally found the right sound on Back For The Attack

Taz

...I should've taken the left turn at Albuquerque
Reaction score
One of those corny but cool vids. I always dug the song though. ;)

jillybean

Reaction score
I loved Dokken back in the day, they were so good! However, was so damn disappointed the two times I saw them live, especially a few years ago when they opened for Tesla. Granted, I know it's not the original line up but holy hell, Don, get your shit together.

Reactions: Taz

Taz

...I should've taken the left turn at Albuquerque
Reaction score
I loved Dokken back in the day, they were so good! However, was so damn disappointed the two times I saw them live, especially a few years ago when they opened for Tesla. Granted, I know it's not the original line up but holy hell, Don, get your shit together.
Don has openly admitted his voice sucks these days but on the flip side, he's still trying. Knowing that you have to decide whether or not to spend money to go see him live. I would go see him cause I know his current bass and drum players.

jillybean

Reaction score
Oh, I knew going into it but didn't expect it to be as bad this last time. It wasn't his voice, he couldn't even remember the words. Yikes. But hell yes, he is still trying and I'd most likely go again as I have so many fond memories of his music!

Reactions: Taz

UglyKidJeff

Reaction score
Don has been vocally retired for many years. Yes, he's admitted to his voice being crap.... blames it on decades of smoking. He has also reworked the songs to comfort his voice, leading to the songs being slowed down alot! But in the day this is the band that made me a hard rock fan when I stole a copy of Breaking the Chains from my brother! 🤘

UglyKidJeff

Reaction score
Unfortunately... when I need my Dokken fix, I try to get out to a Lynch Mob show. George's lineup always delivers when it comes to Dokken tunes!

vampwriter

Reaction score
Dokken..... my all time favorite band. Lynch's solos are wicked. Dokken were writing much different style lyrics than other LA bands at the time that set them apart from the rest. More of a European style maybe. Anyway, Enjoy!

My favorite song of theirs!

Pagan

Reaction score
I used to dig Dokken, but after what Don pulled in Detroit a few years ago, I wouldn't pee down his throat if his guts were on fire.

Not to mention the last live video I saw of them was horrifying.

SenatorJaiz

Reaction score
Don has been vocally retired for many years. Yes, he's admitted to his voice being crap.... blames it on decades of smoking. He has also reworked the songs to comfort his voice, leading to the songs being slowed down alot! But in the day this is the band that made me a hard rock fan when I stole a copy of Breaking the Chains from my brother! 🤘
Yeah, they have fallen off. I saw video of them from one of those metal cruises. Oy. ButnInstill remember going to the Aerosmith Permanent Vacation tour and Dokken was opening. That was heyday time. They blew Steven, Joe and crew off the stage. Great times!