Administrator
Reaction score
Eddie lost his battle with throat cancer at age 65 on October 6th, 2020

Diofan

Administrator - Washington State
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2013 And Eddie still had it....David Lee Roth, Not so much!

Recker

Reaction score
Yeah, sad news indeed. One thing I always enjoyed about Van Halen was they always seemed to be so happy up there on stage. Especially during the video for Jump. That's always the video I will remember when I think of Eddie.

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What a darn shame. F'ing cancer. Somebody needs to get a cure for this terrible disease. It's taken so many people away from us...

Roemello

Photographer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Seriously... between family and amazing talents like Eddie and countless others, it's long overdue. RIP E. Van Halen...

Sal Collaziano

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously... between family and amazing talents like Eddie and countless others, it's long overdue. RIP E. Van Halen...
Sometimes I wonder if the conspiracy theory that cures already do exist is accurate. I wish it were. At least there'd be hope that one day the secrets could come to light. It would be nice if we could all just die at an old age of natural causes. As crazy as this world seems to be these days, it's still so great to be alive. Sometimes I say to myself that I wouldn't miss this world after I died - but there are just so many good things about it...

Mr.Scary1971

Reaction score
Wow, yah. First time i heard VH1 back in 1980 i was just about to turn 10. My friend snuck his sister's record player into the garage and we "borrowed" some of his dad's best stoagies lol. My friend said "Dude, this is gonna blow your mind". I can still see the inside of the garage and the anticipation while the needle dropped and the speakers crackled. To preface this scenario, my friend Larry had me listen to Kiss, AC/DC, Journey and Rush but told me this was nothing compared to what i would hear now. Coming from him, this was a statement. He went right for Eruption and i couldn't comprehend what i was hearing. It was like a UFO dropped from the heavens blasting Mozart on an electric guitar. I knew i would play guitar from that day forward. I was hooked and it was indeed a life changing event. Dio and Chris Cornell were tough for me but Eddie is the King.